Around The Mulberry Bush

Never Miss Another Chaotic Update!
Enter Your Email Address
And "POOF!" Just Like That!
I'll Notify You Each Time I Post!

Powered by FeedBlitz

Glittery Fun on a Dreary Day

My Sister-in-Law Sandy and I have been busy little elves this week decorating the house for Christmas and a Girlfriend Cookie Swap that I'll be having on Sunday (more about that later).
It's been tough work because I can't just put up a tree and call it Christmas...Oh No, I'm a little crazier than that. (In fact Sandy calls me her Crazy Sister-in-Law to anyone who'll listen. Hmmphfff.[grin])

Well, today she's crazy right along with me because we just finished decorating a gift box for a young girl in the 7th to 9th grade. This young girl (who we have no idea who she is) is one of over 500 children in the Bus Ministry at Sandy's Church in OKC and this may be the only gift she receives...we're not sure. Anyway--Sandy has filled a box with all kinds of goodies and, thanks to some inspiration from my friend Holly (Hollydoodle Designs--Hi Holly!) we just 'went to town' decorating the outside of it using anaglypta wallpaper, figurines, and fake snow.

Remembering what it was like to be a child we were hoping to give her a little bit of time in 'Make Believe Land'.

So, for your enjoyment, here are some pictures of our finished project. (Just click on the pictures to get the full effect). WE HAD SOOO MUCH FUN!!!
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Yall did an amazing job, I am sure the little girl who receives it will feel so special :) I love YOU!

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlfriends!!!!! I LOVE THE BOX!!!!! What a lucky little gal! I'm sure it will make her smile. Sandy,,,,keep that Cheryl in line! LOL!
Love you both,
Shawna & Avery Grace!