Around The Mulberry Bush

Never Miss Another Chaotic Update!
Enter Your Email Address
And "POOF!" Just Like That!
I'll Notify You Each Time I Post!

Powered by FeedBlitz

No Resolutions!

Nope. You read it right.

Even though I'm a little late, I've decided that
This year. No resolutions.

I'm downsizing. 
(Now STOP laughing! Maybe downsizing IS in my vocabulary!)

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately about 'Your Word for 2009'.
And I really like the idea.

A Word for the year would be fun, and quirky,
and maybe more motivational than a never-ending list
of resolutions that I just can't seem to accomplish.

So I'm Gonna Do It!!

All I have to do is come up with my Word.

Seriously! How hard can it be?
This should be a piece of cake!

OH MY GOSH!! WHO KNEW THERE'D BE SO MUCH PRESSURE!!!

All the blogs I'd been reading spoke so eloquently about their Word.
(Now I'm really wishing I'd paid more attention
during my creative writing classes {sigh})
I felt as if My Word should be profound, regal, inciteful,
thought-provoking, inspiring, life-changing, yet achievable...
You know...A Word worthy of working toward.

Never mind. I can't do it.
I just can't come up with the one word
that should define my life this year.

But I really WANT to do it.
So, I did what always works for me when I need to calm down and think.
I sat down with a 12 pack of Dr. Pepper and
14 dozen cinnamon rolls from my favorite bakery and got to work.

Three days later I did it!!
I've come up with My Word
(oh, and 2 tiny little sub-words that I've sneaked in because,
Hey! I really need 3 words--and I did downsize from a long list of resolutions right?!)

Plus, I'm The Boss of My Words so I get to make up my own rules.

And so...here they are.
My Word(s) for 2009.

Organize.
Focus.
Create.

Sorry. Nothing really profound. But I think they're gonna work for me.
I'll keep you posted on my progress.

So, my friends.
Jump on the bandwagon with me.
It's not too late to think about Your Word for 2009.
What will it be?
Let me know.  We'll do this together!!
Many New Year Hugs!!

1 comment:

JenE said...

great words for the year!!